I am a Lakers Fan

I grew up in Los Angeles in the late 1950's and left California in 1984.  Through this time I developed my love for basketball and the Lakers.  I remember watching Jerry West and Elgin Baylor play.  I was in awe of Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.  I was glad when Kobie Bryant and Shaq O'Neil played as a team.  Through winning and loosing seasons I have been a Laker fan even through I no longer live in Los Angeles.

Tonight I watched the first game of the Western Conference finals between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers.  I missed the first half and tuned in and was shocked to see my Lakers behind by 20 points mid way through the third period.  The Lakers would eventually win the game, but there is an important reason why they won.

I am of the opinion that the way to win basketball games is by playing good solid defense.  The Lakers started playing team defense and then Kobie took control of the game as only he can.  Sure there are a lot of players that can score a lot of points in a game and Kobie use to be an individual player like this.  Tonight he showed why he is the NBA MVP for 2008.  He got his team mates involved and scored points to put the Lakers ahead to a victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.