PHP Web Store

Well finally I have made progress on one of my goals. I have been working on learning PHP and have created my first eCommerce web store. If you want to check it out it is located here. I am going to add artwork to this store and I hope to generate some income from it. One thing for sure is that I'm learning how to create dynamic web pages using PHP and a MySQL database.

The web site is not much to look at now but technically it works and hooks right into PayPal with a shopping cart. I'll be working on improving the look and feel of the site now that the technical problems are solved. I have wanted to know how to do this for almost a year and all it took was for me to be hold up in a motel in central Texas for a day without a car. I took my time and waded through a bunch of web pages that explained how to do it and bingo it works. I know this may not be a big deal to most, but for me making sure that I can still use my brain after 16 months of being without a job is important.

I do not have a lot of bandwidth to upload any images to the site yet. I am using a dial-up connection so big files take forever to load to my server. I'll work on getting the site prettier and then load some graphics for sale.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

Looking for another camera.