Good Morning Bambi

Window pane 1



Window pane 2



Window pane 3





Thick clouds at night gave way to a beautiful morning full of sunshine and clear skis. I was sitting in the kitchen drinking my smoothie and making phone calls to start my day. As I was talking to the road contractor I noticed four animals that were not cows moving in the pasture across Wormley Lane. I watched them jump a fence and I realized that they were white tailed deer. There were three does and one large buck that had a huge rack on his head.



When I got off the phone I quickly put my telephoto lens on my camera and tried to take some pictures from the kitchen. When I noticed that they were grazing I went outside to take some pictures with my tripod. The pictures that I took show the deer further from my location than when I first saw them while talking on the phone. The deer were about 200 yards from the house when I first saw them and this photo shows them at about 500-600 yards. The deer were barely visible with the naked when I took the photo.

I am encouraged by this deer sighting as I had planned to have part of the ranch designated as a wild life range land. The State of Texas helps land owners do this. I had hoped that there were deer in the area that used this part of Texas as their home. Now that I have seen these deer I know that they are around and preserving the woods and planting native grasses will help preserve their range land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.