This week I walked the same course 5 times

I wanted to walk 25 miles this week so I selected a course that would loop 5 miles. I decided to make a goal of walking 1,000 miles this year just like I made a goal to run 1,000 miles in 2008.  The main point of my goals and keeping track of the miles is to make a game out of consistent exercise.  For me walking is sustainable exercise that allows me to relax and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Here is a map of the loop from my house around the Doublegate Golf Course.



Below is a summary report of my walks for this week







































Progress Summary Report for wormlelo
Count:5 Activities
Distance:25.40 mi
Time:6:11:35 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:318 ft
Avg Speed:4.1 mph
Calories:2,802 C
Max Speed:13.5 mph

Last month I walked 146 miles, and this month I want to walk 150 miles.  I could not have realized that these types of goals were possible without measurement.  I have been tracking my walking using my Garmin 405 so with the knowledge of this walking data I can set effective goals. Having this knowledge about what is possible from just walking everyday I now feel empowered to set a goal that will equal the distance that I ran in 2008, only this year I may walk further.  Sustainable exercising is what is important to me now, not speed or distance.  I want to walk everyday and not get injured or burn out and not be inspired to exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.