Four days in a row

Today is the fourth day that I have ridden my bike and the third day bike commuting to work. I am working out on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in the 24 Hour Fitness lifting weights and running the indoor track. My one way commute is about 13 miles. I have three routs to work and all of them include hills.

I have not done a 100 mile week on my bike in about 4 years. I'm really excited to be getting back in shape and riding again. I am not as storng on the hills as I want to be and my right knee and leg is not as strong as my left but I feel great overall.

Sunday 6/25/2006 I rode from where I live near Cuernevaca and Bee Caves to the 24 Hour Fitness near Great Hills and HYW 183. Monday, tuesday and Wednesday I ahve been doing round trips to where I work near downtown Austin. Each day I am riding about 26 miles.

There are several hills that I have found in Austin that I require the services of my Granny Gear. When I ride home on Staford Road starting behind Zilker park the climb is so steep and fast that I just drop down into my triple and plow my way up the hill. I am training for the Hotter Than Hell Ride in August so I am training on riding home in the afternoon when it is hot.

Staford Road runs into Redbud Lane which is another hill that climbs gradually for about a mile before it levels off. Redbud is the route that is a challenge for me. I ride it when it is hot and right after I have turned off of Staford and by this time I am already pretty winded. I like to ride this 13 mile route home because it allows me to get a really good workout in about one hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.