Bee Caves Road Traffic

Today I rode both ways to work the exact same route. My round trip was 26.31 miles in 1 hour 37 minutes with an averageBee Caves Road 01 speed of 16.1 miles per hour and a maximum sped of 37 miles per hour. I on my ride to work I got to Lamar in 37 minutes. The total elevation round trip is about 1200 feet. I used my GPS to get the elevation but I want to verify this figure on another ride.

There is a lot of traffic during the time school is in session on Bee Caves Road in the morning. The back up of cars and trucks extends from Barton Creek Road all the way to the gas station about 1/8th of a mile from Cuernavaca which is about 3 miles. I can ride my bike from Bee Caves and Cuernavaca to Loop 360 faster than a car can drive the distance in the morning.

This morning as I rode up the long Cuernavaca hill towards Bee Caves Road a guy in a silver Toyota pick-up truck slowed down to tell me that I made good time on Bee Caves Road riding. It made me feel good about my abilities on my bike. Yesterday on my ride home I was trying to keep up with a guy on a Serotta and I could barley keep up with him. I arrived home sort of frustrated with my riding abilities. So it was a nice boost to my ego to have someone out of the blue slow down and give me words of encouragement.

A lot of times we are not aware of how people see what we do. I know that it may seem crazy for me and others like me to ride bikes to work. Sometimes it is hard to get up in the morning and get on a bike and start riding up hills to go to work. One thing that is clear to me is that I want people to see from their cars that there is a possibility that a person can ride a bike to work instead of sitting in a car stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. If more pepole rode bikes to work there would be less pollution in the air and a lot of happy people enjoying being outside and getting in shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.