1,000 miles (well actually 999.48 according to my records)

I have made my goal of running 1,000 miles in one year.  When I started in January I had not enrolled myself in the idea of running 62 miles.  All I wanted to do was run around LBJ Lake and rack up the miles so that I could say that I ran 1,000 miles. Well much to my surprise I have made a lot of discoveries and friends along the way to running 1,000 miles in 2008.

  1. Running on rocky trails is like feeling the force with a light saber in your hand and your eyes blindfolded.

  2. Rocky trails are natures way of giving you the ultimate chance to do ballet tap dance and jazz all at once.

  3. You can learn a lot about people by running two or three hours with them on a trail.

  4. If you do not fuel your body on a long run the brain is the first thing to get cut off on energy.

  5. I can run for over 8 hours but my Garmin 405's battery can not.


For me setting goals is more about how I am being on the way to the goal instead of reaching the goal. I did not drag myself through 1,000 miles of running dreading the last 200 miles.  Last night I ran at night in Cedar Park.  I ran a 1.53 mile loop on Nelson Ranch Loop and enjoyed it.  I ran a slow lap at about 10 minutes per mile then a fast lap at 8:30 minute mile.  This was a 90 minute training run with no distance in the purpose.  I enjoyed running for the sake of running.  I ran 8.39 miles in 82 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.