Huston-Tillotson University Athletic Web Site

I finally designed a web site for Huston-Tillotson University that I am prod of. It may be the last in-house web design that I will do for HT. Soon the site may be out-sourced to a development company. So this is why I did some screen shots for my blog.

[caption id="attachment_1022" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="HT Development Web Site"]HT Development Web Site[/caption]



The site is done using Dot Net Nuke. This is a skin design for DNN 5.3. I started using DNN when I first came to HT back in 2004. At the time the university was using version 2 so I have migrated and grown to love and hate DNN over the last 5 years. I have come to the conclusion that no content management system is fool proof and easy for the end user.[caption id="attachment_1025" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="HT Athletic home page"]HT Athletic home page[/caption]



For the athletic home page I had the requirements to have two menus on the page. The athletic department wanted a set of images and menus to appear on all pages. This was the foundation of the site. The main page has static content that is updated rarely. The main page needed to show athletic department links on the left side of the page and the right side shows all of the sports divided by men and women categories.



[caption id="attachment_1028" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="HT Volleyball main page"]HT Volleyball main page[/caption]

The volleyball main page shows a typical sports site layout. In DNN I created each sport as a sub portal of the main athletics site. This allows for the administration to be managed efficiently but allows local administration to be owned by the head coach of each sport.



[caption id="attachment_1031" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="HT Athletics forms and lists"]HT Athletics forms and lists[/caption]

One of the nice improvements in DNN 5.2 is what use to be called User Defined Tables, Forms and Lists. You can create CSS styled lists or tables that can also be transformed into data entry forms. I love this feature but it is not easy for end users to configure and use.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.