I Voted for Change but I got Transformation

Last year I voted for Obama and change. I knew in the back of my head that Obama was a politician but what the heck I wanted to see what he could do. At the beginning of a new year I realized that the change I voted for was not in how America is run but in how I would be transformed by what I created at the start of 2009. Last year I made a pledge to get out of debt and this year I am glad to say that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.



As I pack up my belongings to make ready for the move to Albany Georgia I am reflecting on all of the memorabilia that I have collected over the years. I have drawings from when I was in first grade. I have work books from 1966 when I went to Gompers Junior High school in South Central Los Angeles. I have lots of pictures that remind me of the good times and the sad times.



One thing that I have learned though my experience with changing jobs is that I will always bring my wife to the out of state job interview to make sure that she likes the state where the new job is located. I did not do this with my first wife but I made sure that I did it with my second wife.



Change for me is a process of stepping out of my comfort zone and trying on something new that maybe I do not know about. When I first came to Austin Texas I had all of my belongings in a run down Toyota Camry that had engine problems. I did not know anybody and I did not have a job. As I prepare to leave Austin Texas after being here from late 2003 until early 2010 I am leaving behind a job that is better off than when I arrived and lots of dear friends.



I hope that all of my friends that read this will know that they will have a second home in Albany Georgia should they care to visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.