The big 60

Today I walked 6 miles. My total mileage for the year is 497 miles.



































Progress Summary Report for wormlelo
Count:117 Activities
Distance:497.01 mi
Time:130:05:09 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:6,477 ft
Avg Speed:3.8 mph
Calories:56,762 C

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="236" caption="Lonnie Wormley"][/caption]

So as I reflect on turning 60 I am reminded that I have aged, but I am still enjoying the same things I enjoyed as a younger man.  I walked today listening to music on my Sony headphones connected to a Droid mobile phone that was playing music from an Internet application called Pandora.  When I was in my early 30s I had one for the first Sony Discman's.  When I took my lunch break at work I would walk around outside and listen to music.  My first CD was by Dire Straits who had just recorded the first full digital recording, Brothers in Arms.

So as I think about what has changed in 30 years I can say that one thing has stayed the same, I love music and I can still walk.  I have decided to stop playing basketball and have given up on long distance endurance running to save my knees for the rest of my life.  I may appear as just another brick in the wall, but inside I am still shining like a crazy diamond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.