Lonnie's Chinese Sweet Tea

My good friend Susan Rebecca Miller asked me for my recipe for the way I make tea.  I decided to document it today.

The tea that I used was given to me by my good friend Fen Taylor.  She gave me two large wheels of Chinese Pu'er tea.  I am almost out, but I will order more online.  I love this tea.  Below is a scan of the paper that the tea was wrapped in.


Here is the website where you can order this tea.  The tea is called Spring tree Bada.  I will verify with my friend Fen Taylor if this web site is selling the round wheel or the bags.  I do not want bag tea as it usually has the lowest grade of tea.


First I start with 1/3 cup of tea.  I break of a chunk from the round and break it up and add it to the measuring cup.

Then I add boiling water to fill up my 8 cup measuring bowl.

I add three tablespoons of organic raw local honey.


I let the tea leaves set in the water about 10 to 15 minutes.   While the tea is brewing I start another pot of water boiling.  I like tea that you cannot see through.  I get the tea jar ready for the brew.
I put a strainer on top of the jar and pour the tea through it.

Now I have 50% of my tea ready.  I repeat the process with the second batch of water.  I do not add more honey.  This gives me almost a full jar of tea.  I do not dilute the tea until I drink is as I may add some ice cubes.
The tea is put in the refrigerator to chill.
This method of making tea may produce a tea that is too strong for most, but I like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.