Starvation Creek


I took my family to the Columbia Gorge which is always a favorite day trip for us. We had no place in mind for the hike when we left, but my son Zak got hungry righ near Starvation Creek State Park so that is wherewe stopped for our hike. The Columbia Gorge is beautiful any time of the year. We traveled about 60 miles from our house to get to Starvation Creek.


This picture was taken near the base of the water fall. I did not get a good photo of the water fall but you can see how beautiful the area is from this photo. Using a self timer on my tri-pod I was able to get a fairly decent picture of my family stainding by the small water fall. There are larger water falls in the area but this is the first time that we visited this small and quite retreat. There were no large crowds at this water fall like there are at the world famous Multnomah Falls just a few miles west.



We hiked three miles round trip to the next state park Viento Campground east of the trailhead. I took some pictures at the creek. I'm still learning how to use the Canon EOS 10D and the creek offered a chance to experiment with making the water look cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.