CentOS 5.5 on Mac OS X





ssh -X finally got CentOS on my Mac
ssh -X finally got CentOS on my Mac


Well sometimes the third or fourth time you try something is a charm. I finally got my CentOS desktop to display on my Mac over SSH.  I used this link to make it simple for me.



The key missing link is that I finally got that my local machine is the X server and that the remote machine is the client.  Now I can sit outside or anywhere and manage my server using SSH command line or use the KDE Desktop.  All I have to remember is that when the X11 icon shows up on my Mac after I connect to the remote server is to issue the command startkde to get my desktop.



[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="240" caption="Steady as she goes"]Steady as she goes[/caption]



Oh yeah, I created two new Pandora radio stations, Hot Tuna and Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks. I love this image for the Hot Tuna album cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.