RSYNC and SSH

I have started to use RSYNC again to backup servers.  One thing that has been a problem with my initial synchronization of data is the dreaded error,

Connection reset by peer


I believe that I have resolved this time out error by adding the following changes to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on the server that is making the connection to a remote host.

ClientAliveInterval 300

TCPKeepAlive=yes


The ClientAliveInterval will to send data across the connection every five minutes.



I know that this is not a good method to use for very long.  I will change this to use this method after my initial server copy is complete.



RSYNC server backup run on remote host



For basha.asurams.edu



rsync -avz --delete --progress --exclude=/sys --exclude=/proc --rsh='ssh -p22222' root@eoldev2.eoldevsite.com:/ /home/backup/eol/



scp -P 22222 cron/basia-rsync-key.pub root@eoldev2.eoldevsite.com:/root/





For rufus.zaramyth.com



rsync -avz --delete --progress --exclude=/sys --exclude=/proc --rsh='ssh -p22222' root@eoldev2.eoldevsite.com:/ /userdata/backup/eol/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.