My personal struggle with my server

I have been struggling with my Linux server as of late.  the problems have been focused on dirty power.  The home that I live in has had some power surges that have whacked the server and I have been struggling to get it back.  I have not had the funds to purchase an adequate UPS to prevent the power issues, so I am working through what I know is a solution.

What i have learned is how to build Linux on a thumb drive on my Asus EccPC that is running Windows 7.  I have a hardware Intel® RAID Controller SRCSATAWB and I am glad that I had to rebuild my server because I was only using 4 of the 6 one terabyte drives.  When I rebuilt it this time I confurged the the array to RAID 6 using 6 drives for three terabytes of space.  the Scientific Linux 6.3 install went directly on the array no problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.