Information Overload

I have a favorite song that is on rotation on SomaFM Groove Salad. It is by the artist "Solid Doctor" and titled "Faustian Bargain" on the album "Space Jazz".  There is a man talking about the Information Super highway in the background as the music plays.  I have listened to this song for years and today I wanted to find out who it was. The man's name is Neil Postman and the interview was from 1995.

Thanks to Google, I found this video.

CyberSpace:The Internet & Information SuperHighway

  • "Am I using this technology, or is it using me?" Charlene Hunter Gault interviews media theorist and cultural critic Neil Postman on PBS' The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour in 1995. Postman discusses new media and the "Faustian bargain" of technological change in the context of the "Information Superhighway" and the Internet. Read more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.