I wanted to have walked 600 miles by the end of April. I fell short by 4 miles. so far this year I have walked 602 miles. Progress Summary Report for wormlelo Count: 134 Activities Distance: 602.63 mi Time: 156:31:07 h:m:s Elevation Gain: 7,554 ft Avg Speed: 3.8 mph Calories: 68,181 C Today as I walked listening to my Steely Dan radio station on Pandora I heard a song by the Eagles, Take It Easy. When I was young I used to this phrase as my mantra, "Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". Lately I have had to start using it again so that I can ease up on a few of my self made goals for my exercising activities. It is OK to have golas, but you do not have to be obsessive about meeting them all of the time. Hence the phrase "Take It Easy".
I wanted to document some of the information that I have used in my work and found on the InterWeb about cloud based computing and data security. I had a lengthy discussion about this topic with my life partner this past weekend so here are some thoughts on these topics. Secure your data It is not rocket science to say that you need to back up your critical files on a computer. How do you do it securely and consistently. the best way to do it is the easiest way to do it, use Google Drive. Since April of 2013 Google has been encrypting data in the cloud on the Google drive by default. Even if you feel that this is not enough is leaving your computer sitting in your house without a password to lock it more secure? even if you have a password on it when it is stolen your password can easily be removed and all of your data retrieved from your computer. When thieves gain access to your home and take a computer they do not want the computer they want t...
Comments
Post a Comment