Outdoor HDTV Yagi Antenna with Motor Rotor, WA2608

I bought on Amazon the WA-2608 and installed antenna this weekend.  I read the reviews for this product and I will admit I was skeptical.  I have a friend here in Albany where I live that recommended this antenna to me.   I trusted his opinion of WA-2608 and purchased the antenna.
The box with the WA-2608


Here is Albany, Georgia there are three local digital over the air stations, 10.1 NBC, 10.2 ABC and 10.3 which was weather until a few weeks ago.  10.3  is now airing old westerns and action movies under the banner of Grit.  There was an old Winegard digital antenna on the chimney when I purchased the house.  It was mounted on a mast pole that also had a really old satellite dish on it.  I removed the dish and added the WA-3608.
old Winegard digital antenna top view

old Winegard digital antenna front view
I had to make an adapter for the transition from the dish mounting to the WA-2608 mounting.  I went to Loews and purchased some 3/4 inch EMT conduit and some 5/16 bolts and made a fitting that would work.  It an''t pretty, but it ain't going nowhere.
WA-2608 installed using dish chimney mount.

WA-2608 installed using dish chimney mount.
WA-2608 indoor motor control and remote

The completed Ethernet and cable face plate behind my flat screen TV.


Now that the new antenna is installed the channel list as expanded to include CBS, PBS and FOX.  The goal was to be able to get all of the major networks over the air for free.  We have cut the cable for TV, but still have Internet access.
Signal mapping from TVFOOL.COM for my location.

The operation of the antenna is sort of hit and miss.  For $35 I am pleased with the fact that the antenna works as described.  I am sure that there are more expensive antennas that provide precise information about the direction the antenna is pointing.  I have the antenna pointed in a general south east direction from my home and it is picking up the additional stations so I have the unit powered down at the moment.  I do not think I will have to rotate the antenna to get anymore stations as there are only the same networks in the area and few independent stations within reach. My wife, +Sylvia Wormley says that the new antenna improved the color quality of the three local stations as well.  My wife is happy with the increased performance of the antenna over the old one so I am too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.