Nike Human 10k Race Training Run Number 2

Yesterday was the second training run.  I ran with the 9 minute per mile group for 5 miles.  I improved my time running it in 42 minutes.  I pushed myself to keep up with two guys that started to leave the group and we ran the last mile fast.

The course started at Guero's on South Congress and looped through the Travis Heights area. there were some hills in the course that were fun but for me were a challenge at the pace that I was running.

I met Ashley of Nike who is coordinating this event in Austin.  Last Saturday at Starbucks I talked with her about shoes.  At this run we spoke again and she asked me why I was doing the run.  I though a moment and then I responded with my feeling about wanting to be part of a community of runners.  I had already met several new friends since starting this running adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

What Black People Like