What kind of team do I want to lead.

So when I woke up in my career and found myself leading a team instead of being in it I was sort of schocked.  I am not forgetting what it is like to be on a team and this is why I can deal with being a team leader.  I have been on a lot of teams some that I have enjoyed and some that I have endured.

So tonight I was watching NCIS LA and I heard that Linda Hunt playing the OSP's operations manager Hetty Lang had a line where she said that she had a complementary team of independent thinkers. This statement is the reason for this Blog post. I want a team like this.  Yeah, I am sure that I am an independant thinker, but to have a whole team like this may be like hearding cats.  On the upside it would be like having an endless view of all sides of a problem and easy acceptance of a group solution.

So how do you build a team like this? How do you cultivate a team like this?  I am not sure I have all of this figured out, buy I am exploring the possibilities of building such a team.  Well one way that I know I want to build the team is to treat my team members that way that I liked being treated when I work on teams.  I will motivate my team with positive encouragement and not resort to berating criticisms on work performance.

I want a team of a complementary team of independent thinkers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Austin Friends and places

PHP Web Store

Looking for another camera.